Congratulations, you now have created your own unique User Name and Password. Please take a moment to save this important information for your ongoing use during this course. Each time you login you will be directed to your webinar dashboard where you will find your webinar video and all relevant class information, PDFs and homework each week. Each new module will be on your dashboard every Friday morning beginning at 9 am Seattle/Pacific Time Zone and available for your viewing 24/7 beginning March 8, 2019.
We are very excited to begin this journey with you. Please make sure you are connected with us through the private Facebook Tapping out of Trauma Group forum as that is how ongoing communication will take place.
You have a few steps more to complete the process:
- Please read/review the Webinar Release & Participation Agreement below. By continuing your registration to participate in this course you are accepting the contents of this Webinar Release and Participation Agreement.
- Please read the Welcome Letter below.
Tapping Out of Trauma Training Webinar Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the Tapping Out of Trauma training webinar (“the Webinar”) offered by Tap Your Power, Inc. and presented by Craig Weiner, DC and Suzanne Fageol, CC (collectively the “Presenters”). This Agreement contains important information the Presenters need to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Webinar you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Webinar is designed solely for helping professionals who have experience using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or other meridian tapping techniques with clients on a broad range of issues. The focus of the Webinar is to provide participants with an educational opportunity to learn how to work with clients experiencing trauma using EFT. By participating in the Webinar you represent and warrant you have experience as an EFT or meridian tapping practitioner and agree to keep confidential any information shared during the Webinar by the Presenters and other Webinar participants.
2. The information presented during the Webinar, including manuals, handouts, ideas, suggestions, techniques, training, exercises, instructions, and other materials, is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice.
3. Although EFT appears to have promising emotional, mental, and physical health benefits, including being beneficial for trauma, and there is a growing amount of scientific research indicating that EFT is an effective evidence supported technique, EFT has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, EFT is considered experimental and alternative or complementary to the healing arts that are licensed in the United States.
4. Since EFT is a relatively new approach to health and wellness and for the treatment of trauma, the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known. Therefore, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using EFT and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Webinar. Further, you agree to only use what you may learn from participating in the Webinar regarding applying EFT with clients experiencing trauma within your legally defined scope of practice.
5. You understand that the Webinar is an educational program and is not to be considered treatment for any physical/medical problem, or emotional or mental disorder, nor is the Webinar a substitute for traditional methods of medical or psychological treatment. You agree to consult with your health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment you may be currently receiving.
6. Please be advised by participating in the Webinar, it’s possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort. It is also possible to experience some emotional distress and physical discomfort related to stressful experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to stop any process, exercise, or any other Webinar activity should your participation in the Webinar inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you. Also in such event you agree to notify the Presenters and to seek professional help, if needed. Please feel free to contact the Presenters if you have any questions or concerns about your experiences while participating in the Webinar.
7. You understand the Presenters make no warranty, guarantee, or prediction as result of your participation in the Webinar. You agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions of your life. Due to the fact that the Webinar may include group discussions or processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality
8. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Presenters either during or separate from the Webinar is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Webinar is not intended to create nor does it establish a client-practitioner or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Presenters. While Suzanne Fageol is a Certified Counselor and Craig Weiner is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of Washington and both are experienced EFT practitioners and trainers, they are not psychologists, psychotherapists, or other licensed mental health care providers.
9. You understand your participation in the Webinar is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Webinar. Further you agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns. You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the State or Province of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
10. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs agree to forever fully release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, the Presenters and Tap Your Power, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, staff members, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with Tap Your Power, Inc. from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Webinar.
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION in a secure and reliable place. You can login immediately but the first webinar class will not be viewable until 9 am PST on March 8, 2019.
Please take a moment to record in your calendar the following dates/times for our LIVE question and answer calls on the Zoom platform. Tuesday March 26, Tuesday April 9 and Tuesday April 30. All 3 live webinars will be held at 12 noon Pacific/Seatlle time. PLEASE CHECK YOUR TIME ZONES, as the two April calls are may incur a 1 hour Spring time adjustment depending on your location. You can check this at www.worldtimebuddy.com. This is the Zoom link to use to access the webinar: Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/378669946. We will also be giving you more information about these live webinars within the Facebook group where communications occur.
Your joining of the secret Facebook group forum IS REQUIRED. All course announcements will be posted there for you to easily find in one location. The group will open on Wednesday March 6, 2019. In order for us to add you to the “secret” private group forum, please “Friend” me by logging into Facebook and going to https://www.facebook.com/DrCraigDC and click on Add Friend, if we are not already Facebook friends. After Wednesday March 6, 2019 when you log on to your Facebook Home Page, you will see “Groups” in the left hand column and you will see the link for the Tapping out of Trauma group.
Lastly, if you are wanting 19 Continuing Education Credits through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for counselors, LMHCs, MFTs and nurses please contact Suzanne at email@example.com before beginning the course. She will send you a payment link as the cost for CEs are $25. She will also send you requirements needed to complete your CEs, which include weekly submissions on that week’s class material and an end of course examination.
The first pre-recorded webinar module will be available for viewing, starting at 9 AM PST on March 8, 2019. As each weekly module is released on subsequent Fridays at 9 am, they will remain viewable until May 10, 2019 two weeks after the final 8th module has been released. The videos are not downloadable. You do not have to view the webinar at 9 AM PDT/Seattle time zone, you can view any time you wish 24/7. PDFs of all the Power Point slides and supportive documents are downloadable.
We suggest that you prepare for each class by doing the following:
- Wear comfortable clothing and have a blanket or wrap handy so you don’t get cold.
- Have some water/tea to drink if you like and have a snack available if you need it.
- Have a soothing picture/token where you can see it.
- Minimize any distractions (like people or pets coming in and interrupting you) to create a safe, peaceful environment. Be sure to turn cells/phones off and perhaps close/lock the door.
- Clear some space in the room for some movement and physical exercises. In short, do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
We are excited to meet each and every one of you!