Course begins March 4, 2022
Tapping Out of Trauma 1.0 Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the Tapping Out of Trauma 1.0 Training Course (the “Course”) offered by Tap Your Power, LLC and presented by Craig Weiner, DC and Suzanne Fageol, CC (collectively the “Presenters”). This Release & Participation Agreement (the “Agreement”) contains important information Tap Your Power, LLC needs to share with you and for you to understand regarding your enrollment in the Course. By participating in the Course, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Course is designed solely for helping professionals who have experience using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or other meridian tapping techniques with clients on a broad range of issues. The focus of the Course is to provide participants with an educational opportunity to learn how to work with clients experiencing trauma using EFT. By participating in Course, you represent and warrant you have experience as an EFT or meridian tapping practitioner.
2. The Course is delivered in 8 weeks and consists of the following components to be provided to participants by Tap Your Power, LLC:
- 8 consecutive weekly video modules
- 4 live 60-minute video group calls provided on Zoom as a video platform
- Course PDF’s of PowerPoint slides and other course materials
- Online website based password protected discussion forum
3. The fee for the Course is $399 U.S, payable to Tap Your Power, LLC prior to the commencement of the Course. You may cancel your participation in the Course at any time by notifying Tap Your Power, LLC. If you decide to cancel your participation in the Course, you will be entitled to a refund of the Course fee, but only if you cancel your participation prior to the second week of the Course. If you do not cancel your participation in the Course prior to the second week, you will not be entitled to any refund of the Course fee.
4. The information presented during the Course, including videos, PDF’s of PowerPoint slides, handouts, articles, books, ideas, suggestions, techniques, trainings, exercises, activities, processes, instructions, and other materials is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
5. Although EFT appears to have promising physical, mental, and emotional health benefits, including being beneficial for trauma, and there is a growing amount of valid scientific research indicating that EFT meets the criteria to be considered an evidence-based technique, EFT has yet to be fully accepted by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Since EFT is a relatively new approach to health and wellness and for the treatment of trauma, the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known. Therefore, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using EFT and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Course. Further, you agree to only use what you may learn from participating in the Course regarding applying EFT with clients experiencing trauma within your legally defined scope of practice
6. You understand that the Course is an educational program and is not to be considered treatment for any physical/medical problem or emotional or mental disorder, nor is the Course a substitute for traditional methods of medical or psychological diagnosis and treatment. You agree to consult with your licensed health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment you may be currently receiving.
7. Please be advised by participating in the Course, it’s possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress and/or physical discomfort related to stressful or traumatic experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to stop any process, exercise, or any other Course activity should your participation in the Course inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you. Also, in such an event you agree to notify the Presenters and to seek professional help, if needed. Please feel free to contact the Presenters if you have any questions or concerns about your experiences while participating in the Course.
8. You understand the Presenters make no warranty, guarantee, or prediction as a result of your participation in the Course. You agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions of your life. Due to the fact that the Course includes group processes such as participants attending online Zoom video calls and a moderated web based password protected discussion forum, in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Course with you. Also, you agree to keep private and confidential any information shared during the Course by the Presenters and other Course participants.
9. You agree and understand components of the Course, such as online Course activities may be audio recorded or recorded via streaming video for the purpose of making such audio recording or streaming video of an online course activity available to participants not able to attend the live online course activity and who need to review the audio recording or streaming video of such online course activity (“collectively the “Course Recordings”). The Course Recordings will only be available to participants as streaming and will not be available to download in order to protect the confidentiality of the information presented in the Course Recordings. Further, you agree and understand that Tap Your Power, LLC shall have all rights in and to the Course Recordings, including the copyrights therein.
10. The Course video modules and the PDF’s of the PowerPoint slides provided in the Course and any other content made available during the Course (collectively the “Materials”) are owned by Tap Your Power, LLC and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. While you may print a copy of the PDF’s of the PowerPoint slides for you own use, you may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post on Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials or any other content presented in the Course. You understand and agree that the Materials made available to you during the Course are for your personal use only and you are prohibited from sharing any of the Materials with any third parties without the express written approval of Tap Your Power, LLC. Any breach of the foregoing is a violation of Federal laws.
11. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Presenters either during or separate from the Course is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Course is not intended to create nor does it establish a practitioner-client or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Presenters. While Suzanne Fageol is a Certified Counselor and Craig Weiner is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of Washington and both are experienced EFT practitioners and trainers, they are not psychologists, psychotherapists, or other licensed mental health care providers.
12. You understand your participation in the Course is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent that you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Course. Further you agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be binding upon you, your heir(s), and legal representative(s). You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the state, province, or country of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
13. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you, your heir(s) and legal representative(s) agree to forever fully release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the Presenters and Tap Your Power, LLC, its owners, members, staff members, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, volunteers, and others associated with Tap Your Power, LLC from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, legal, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Course.
© 2015-2020, Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Release & Participation Agreement by any parties other than Tap Your Power, LLC. is prohibited by federal law.