Thank you for participating in the Tapping Out of Trauma 1.0 or 2.0 training webinar (“the Webinar”) offered by Tap Your Power, Inc. and presented by Craig Weiner, DC and Suzanne Fageol, CC (collectively the “Presenters”). This Agreement contains important information the Presenters need to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Webinar you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Webinar is designed solely for helping professionals who have experience using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or other meridian tapping techniques with clients on a broad range of issues. The focus of the Webinar is to provide participants with an educational opportunity to learn how to work with clients experiencing trauma using EFT. By participating in the Webinar you represent and warrant you have experience as an EFT or meridian tapping practitioner and agree to keep confidential any information shared during the Webinar by the Presenters and other Webinar participants.
2. The information presented during the Webinar, including manuals, handouts, ideas, suggestions, techniques, training, exercises, instructions, and other materials, is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice.
3. Although EFT appears to have promising emotional, mental, and physical health benefits, including being beneficial for trauma, and there is a growing amount of scientific research indicating that EFT is an effective evidence supported technique, EFT has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, EFT is considered experimental and alternative or complementary to the healing arts that are licensed in the United States.
4. Since EFT is a relatively new approach to health and wellness and for the treatment of trauma, the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known. Therefore, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using EFT and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Webinar. Further, you agree to only use what you may learn from participating in the Webinar regarding applying EFT with clients experiencing trauma within your legally defined scope of practice.
5. You understand that the Webinar is an educational program and is not to be considered treatment for any physical/medical problem, or emotional or mental disorder, nor is the Webinar a substitute for traditional methods of medical or psychological treatment. You agree to consult with your health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment you may be currently receiving.
6. Please be advised by participating in the Webinar, it’s possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort. It is also possible to experience some emotional distress and physical discomfort related to stressful experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to stop any process, exercise, or any other Webinar activity should your participation in the Webinar inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you. Also in such event you agree to notify the Presenters and to seek professional help, if needed. Please feel free to contact the Presenters if you have any questions or concerns about your experiences while participating in the Webinar.
7. You understand the Presenters make no warranty, guarantee, or prediction as result of your participation in the Webinar. You agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions of your life. Due to the fact that the Webinar may include group discussions or processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality.
8. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Presenters either during or separate from the Webinar is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Webinar is not intended to create nor does it establish a client-practitioner or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Presenters. While Suzanne Fageol is a Certified Counselor and Craig Weiner is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of Washington and both are experienced EFT practitioners and trainers, they are not psychologists, psychotherapists, or other licensed mental health care providers.
9. You understand your participation in the Webinar is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Webinar. Further you agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns. You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the State or Province of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
10. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs agree to forever fully release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, the Presenters and Tap Your Power, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, staff members, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with Tap Your Power, Inc. from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Webinar.