How does inherited family trauma shape who you are; the role of inter-generational trauma. This free Tapping out of Trauma webinar is with Mark Wolynn, the director of The Family Constellation Institute, The Inherited Family Trauma Center and The Hellinger Institute of Northern California, Mark is North America’s leader in Inherited Family Trauma. Mark is a sought-after lecturer, he leads workshops at hospitals, clinics, conferences, and teaching centers around the world. He has taught at the University of Pittsburgh, the Western Psychiatric Institute, Kripalu, The New York Open Center, The Omega Institute, The California Institute of Integral Studies, and is the author of the book It Didn’t Start With You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle (Viking, April 2016). As creator of the Core Language® Approach, he has spent the last 20 years observing “how language and trauma intersect—how patients’ presenting symptoms, specifically the language they use, can lead us to the root of the issue, often to a trauma in the family history or in early childhood. Uncovering our core language can free us from reliving traumas that don’t belong to us.”
Here is what you can learn from this interview:
- Why there seems to be such a growing awareness about the role of trauma and how trauma can be both personally experienced and “passed down” from previous generations?
- Listen to powerful stories of individuals who experienced healing after becoming aware of the role of their personal inter-generational trauma
- How his therapeutic approach drawn from Family Constellation work intersects with tapping modalities like Matrix Reimprinting EFT
- What the mechanisms appear to be for how can trauma be passed on from a parent to a child?
- What is some of the current scientific research behind inherited family trauma and how it passes down epigenetically.
- What kinds of inquiry will help a person or practitioner to find the source of a trauma; whether it was directly personally experienced and forgotten or repressed or whether it came from an experience in the womb or from past generations.
- What exactly is trauma language—what Mark refers to as “Core Language.”
- What are some of the key elements in the healing process that help to break the cycle of inherited family trauma.
These free interviews are provided for the purpose of educating the EFT and Tapping community on issues regarding the safe and effective ways to work with trauma. They are conducted by Craig Weiner and Suzanne Fageol, Directors of Tapping out of Trauma Trainings.
Disclaimer: If you now that this topic may be overly stimulating to you please be sure to have any resources you may need available to you. This call is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice.